Although it may not be official until next Tuesday, it already feels like summer is here in NYC! Especially in the summer, I love to put together big batches of salads and salsas to eat all week long. This version is a modified horiatiki made with:
- Pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- Block of feta chopped or crumbled
- 1/4-1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup mixed pitted olives, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh chopped basil
Really your salad could be a combination of anything – this version could be complemented with a can of white cannellini beans (or garbanzo) or fruit, such as chopped watermelon. However you decide to make it, for me summer is all about fresh ingredients and convenience – both of which can be found inside a mixing bowl in the fridge!