I am a big fan of the burrito – I think it offers an incredibly versatile way to combine the common ingredients I usually have in my fridge into a quick and easy meal. Beyond the tortilla, I love a good breakfast burrito – again, my love of all things eggs, combined with the simplicity of the burrito!
One of the reasons I love the burrito so much is because of the freedom to combine ingredients without worrying about how they will stay together – unlike an omelet or sandwich. Basically it allows you to use more healthy ingredients and proportionally less cheese. In this amazing and colorful burrito above I let my creativity run wild and used ingredients that you don’t normally associate with “burrito”:
- 1 egg scrambled with a dash of Vietnamese Cinnamon (sometimes called Saigon Cinnamon)
- 3 Aidells Chicken & Apple Mini Sausage, cut into rounds
- 1/3 Green Apple, sliced
- Handful Sweet Potato Fries, baked
- 1 The Laughing Cow Mini Babybel Light Cheese, diced
- 1 Mission Multi-Grain Tortilla
Like many things in the kitchen, when it comes to burritos, creativity is king.